Most small business owners are not thinking about their “brand narrative.” Unfortunately, it is an important piece to growing any business. If you own a business, it is important to make sure your brand is giving off the story that you would like for it to tell. Many brands are having a harder time controlling their narrative now that social media is in the picture.
Your challenge for today is to look at all of the places that you have a brand presence. If you personally are attached to your brand, then you will also need to look at what your personal brand is saying about your organization. Here are a few questions to guide you on your efforts of reviewing your brand narrative:
- Is my message consistent?
- Is my message conveying what I would like for it to convey?
- Does the brand narrative help me to reach my goals and objectives?
- What are the top 3 messages that I need to convey in my messaging?
- Can I make the necessary changes in order to improve my brand narrative?