Live streaming apps are now a hot topic of discussion when it comes to brand promotion, sales, and information sharing. Although live streaming is not new, this is the first time in history that the technology has taken off at this pace.
So, WHY is live streaming so popular?
Many attribute the success of the popularity of live streaming to the increased usage of mobile devices. At this moment in time, it seems to be the perfect storm for the world of live streaming. An app like Periscope can easily help a brand close the gap on the ‘Know Like and Trust’ factors that weigh in on a consumers purchase decision.
Here are a few reasons why we love live streaming as a communication tool:
- Instant feedback – the consumer can have a conversation with “the brand” and feel like they have a connection with this entity that they love
- Speed of information sharing – The number of people on each of the live streaming platforms continues to grow. This is occurring so much that meteorologist and city officials are now using the app as another means to share “crisis” information.
- Reach – The platforms are global in reach without having to pay global fees for telephone use.
Many brands are not sure just what it is they need to do as they decide to step in to the waters of apps such as Periscope, Meerkat, and MeVee. Although there are brands that have dabbled in the world of live streaming, there are so many that are scared to take the risk.
Our advice to brands that are on the fence about live streaming:
- Take a look at what brands like Harley Davidson, Target, and BMW are doing on the platform.
- Determine the comments may come up in the chat. Decide early on how you want your broadcaster to handle responding to comments.
- Blend your live streaming strategy into your normal communication strategy.
- Just do it! We promise you it is not as bad as you may think.
- Attend the 1-Day Live Streaming Intensive presented by Live Video Campus. http://bit.ly/LiveVideoIntensive